sábado, outubro 19, 2013

Doing What You Love and Loving What You Do


You Can Heal Your Life: Movie - Louise L Hay
by LOUISE L. HAY

New Age pioneer and affirmations guru Louise recently achieved her lifelong goal by starring in her first movie—the story of her astonishing lifework: You Can Heal Your Life: The Movie.

Do what you love and the money will come. Love what you do and the money will come. It’s not what happens to you, but how you handle it.

“If Life gives you lemons, make lemonade. If the lemons are rotten, take out the seeds and plant them in order to grow new lemons.”

WHEN I WAS YOUNG, between my ignorance and lack of self-esteem, I went through a long series of low-paying jobs. I worked in drugstores, dime stores, and in the stockrooms of several department stores. While my dream was to be a movie star or a dancer, I had no idea how to go about achieving that. Any job beyond where I was, became a far-off dream. I was so uneducated that even a secretary’s job was out of my league.

Then one day, Life took an interesting turn; I must have been ready. I had a job in Chicago that paid $28 a week. Why I walked into the Arthur Murray dance studios that day, I can’t remember. But I did. A slick salesperson sold me $500 worth of dance lessons, and when I returned home that night, I couldn’t believe what I’d done. I was terrified. The next day after work, I went back to the studio and confessed my poverty. They said, “Oh, but you signed a contract, and you must pay us the money. However, we have a position open for a receptionist. Do you think you could do that?”

The job paid $10 a week more than I was making. It was a large studio with 40 teachers. We worked 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. and always ate our meals together. Within two days, I discovered that I was capable of handling the teachers’ appointments, collecting money, and making all of those introductions. I had a built-in social life and never had more fun at a job. It was a great turning point in my life.

After my job at Arthur Murray’s, I moved to New York and became a fashion model. But I never really possessed much self-worth or self-esteem until I began working on myself to release old negative beliefs from my childhood. In the early days, I had no idea how to change my situation. Now I know that the inner work must be done first. No matter how stuck we seem to be, it’s always possible to make positive changes.

If you were raised with the belief that you must “work hard” to earn a living, it’s time to let that belief go. Use the affirmation: Work is easy and fun for me or I enjoy all my work. Keep repeating these affirmations until your consciousness changes.

Do what you love and the money will come. Love what you do and the money will come. You have a right to enjoy earning money. Your responsibility to Life is to participate in enjoyable activities. As you find a way to do something that you enjoy, Life will show you the way to prosperity and abundance. Our inner guidance never gives us shoulds. The purpose of life is to play. When work becomes play, it’s fun and rewarding. Negative attitudes about work create toxins in the body.

If you’ve been fired, please get over the bitterness as quickly as you can, for bitterness won’t bring good into your life. Affirm often: I bless my former boss with love. Out of this, only good will come. I am now moving into my greater good. I am safe and all is well. Then use affirmations for creating a new job.

It’s not what happens to you, but how you handle it. If Life gives you lemons, make lemonade. If the lemons are rotten, take out the seeds and plant them in order to grow new lemons.

Sometimes when we get very close to our dreams, we become so frightened of having what we really want that we begin to sabotage ourselves. As hard as it is to imagine, we’re doing this to protect ourselves. Making a big move, having the ideal job, earning really good money, can be a very scary undertaking. What if I fail? What if people won’t like me? What if I’m not happy?

These questions represent the part of you that’s very afraid of the fulfillment of your dreams. Often, your inner child is the key to your fears. It’s time to be very loving, patient, and gentle with yourself. Reassure your inner child, love it, and make it feel safe.

Don’t get stuck with the belief that it’s hard to find a job. This may be true for many, but it doesn’t have to be true for you. You only need one job. Your clear consciousness will open the pathway for you. Too many people put so much faith in fear. When there’s a shift in the economy, the masses immediately buy into all the negative aspects and constantly talk about it. What you dwell on and accept in your consciousness becomes true for you.

When I hear about negative trends in business or the economy, I immediately affirm: It may be true for some, but it’s not true for me. I always prosper no matter where I am or what is going on. As you think and speak, you’re creating your future experiences. Be very careful about how you talk about prosperity. You always have the option of choosing poverty thinking or prosperity thinking. For at least the next week, notice how you talk about money, work, career, the economy, savings, and retirement. Listen to yourself. Make sure that the words aren’t creating poverty now or in the future.

Are you in a job now where you feel stuck? Do you hate your job or find that you’re just putting in your time to bring home a paycheck? There are definitely things that you can do to make positive changes. These ideas may sound silly or simplistic, but I know they work. I’ve seen countless people change their working situations for the better. The most powerful tool you can use to transform a situation is the power of blessing with love. No matter where you work or how you feel about the place: Bless it with love! I mean that literally. Affirm: I bless my job with love.

Don’t stop here. Bless with love the building, your desk (if you have one), the various machines that you may use, the products, the customers, the people you work with, and the people you work for, and anything else associated with your job. This will work wonders.

If there’s a person at work that you’re having difficulty with, then use your mind to change the situation. Use the affirmation: I have a wonderful working relationship with everyone at work, including (insert person’s name). Every time this person comes into your mind, repeat the affirmation. You’ll be amazed by how this situation will change for the better.

If you want to secure a new job, then in addition to blessing your current job with love, say this affirmation: I release my job with love to the next person, who will be so glad to be here. This job was ideal for you when you got it. It was the perfect reflection of your sense of self-worth at that time. Now you’ve grown and are moving on to better things. Now your affirmation is:

I know that there are people out there looking for exactly what I have to offer. I now accept a job that uses all my creative talents and abilities. This job is deeply fulfilling, and it is a joy for me to go to work each day. I work with and for people who appreciate me. The building is light, bright, and airy and filled with a feeling of enthusiasm. It is in the perfect location, and I earn good money, for which I am deeply grateful.
If you hate the job that you have now, you’ll take that feeling of hatred with you. Even if you get a good new job, in a short time you’ll find yourself hating the new one, too. Whatever feelings you have within you now, you’ll carry to the new place. If you live in a world of discontentment, you’ll find it everywhere you go. You must change your consciousness now before you can see positive results in your life. Then, when the new job comes, it will be good, and you’ll appreciate it and enjoy it.

So affirm: I always love where I work. I have the best jobs. I am always appreciated. By continually affirming this, you’re creating a new personal law for yourself. The Universe will have to respond in kind. Life will always pick the most appropriate channels to bring forth your good, if you allow it!

Louise L. Hay, the author of the international bestseller You Can Heal Your Life, is a metaphysical lecturer and teacher with more than 50 million books sold worldwide. For more than 30 years, she has helped people throughout the world discover and implement the full potential of their own creative powers for personal growth and self-healing. She has appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show and many other TV and radio programs both in the U.S. and abroad.

Fonte: http://www.healyourlife.com/author-louise-l-hay/2013/08/lifeshelp/intuitive-guidance/doing-what-you-love-and-loving-what-you-do

Sem comentários: