terça-feira, março 18, 2014

3 Steps To Living a Miraculous Life

Practicing A Course in Miracles

by GABRIELLE BERNSTEIN

"If we want to live a miraculous life, we must raise the volume on the loving voice within us and turn down the volume on our fear." - Gabrielle Bernstein
You may have read the title of this article and thought, “Man, that sounds groovy—but it’s nothing but a pipe dream.” Many of us long for a life of happiness, balance and peace, but we don’t believe we can have it. But the great paradox is that our lack of faith in love and miracles is what blocks us from receiving love and miracles. Many of us have more faith in fear than we do in love and miracles. If we want to live a miraculous life, we must raise the volume on the loving voice within us and turn down the volume on our fear.
1. Choose Love Over Fear
The first step in choosing love over fear is to understand your fear. As a student of A Course in Miracles I learned to become the witness to my fear-based thoughts. Each time I felt fear set in, I’d take a deep breath, step outside of my thoughts and actions, and witness my behavior. By witnessing my fears I was able to see how delusional they actually were. For instance, early in my career I ran a public relations business. With every new client came a new opportunity to negotiate my monthly retainer. I hated negotiating. It made me feel anxious and jittery, and I’d lose my sense of calm. When I acknowledged my fears around negotiating for more money, I realized it was related to a belief I’d picked up that women shouldn’t ask for more. This was an outside projection the world had created, and I’d chosen to believe it. But when I got honest about my fear, I was able to see how this “lack” mentality had become a fear-based pattern in my mind. When you choose to perceive love over fear, life begins to flow.
2. Be Willing To Let Go of Fear 
Once you’ve gained clarity about your fears, the next step is willingness. A Course in Miracles says that the slightest willingness is all you need to receive the guidance to change. When we become open to let go of our fear, we open our heart, mind and energy to be guided to a new perspective. Willingness raises your consciousness of new possibilities and ignites what I call your ~ing(your inner guide). Your ~ing is the voice of love, your inspiration and your intuition. All you need is a little willingness to get your ~ing on and receive guidance to change.
This guidance will come in different forms: intuition, inspiration, and sometimes even through synchronicities. Often we can experience intuition as a strong inner knowing that offers us guidance of some form. Inspiration can be experienced as a feeling of flow and excitement that comes through in moments when our thoughts and actions are aligned with love. Then there are moments of synchronicity, which are really cool—like when you’re thinking about your mother and she calls or when you keep hearing about a new book and the next day it falls off the shelf in the store.
In my book, May Cause Miracles, I emphasize three other key components to living a miraculous life: gratitude, forgiveness and love. The act of forgiveness is to the miracle worker as lettuce is to the raw foodie.
Forgiveness guides us to cleanse ourselves of the old, junky fear and shines light on the darkness of our worries, doubts and suspicions. Rather than continuing to play the role of victim, we can forgive and be set free. With each choice to forgive, we shift our perception from fear to love.
Forgiveness is like air: we need it to survive.
Then comes gratitude. An emphasis on gratitude is the only attitude for the miracle worker. Living a grateful life creates more abundance, acceptance and appreciation. In order to transform your fears back to love, you must embrace a way of being that puts gratitude first.
3.  Choose Love Everyday
Finally, there is love—the most crucial ingredient. A Course in Miracles teaches that the only thing missing in any situation is love, and where there is fear there is no love. Therefore, living with an open heart and embracing love as our true purpose is essential to living a miraculous life. 
Gabrielle Bernstein has been labeled by the New York Times as the next-generation guru. A motivational speaker, life coach, and author, she is expanding the lexicon for the seekers of today and tomorrow.

Sem comentários: