terça-feira, julho 21, 2009

10 TIPS TO FOSTER HEART-HEALING LOVE

1. Learn to love yourself. This may take time and practice. As I tell my clients who are clearly struggling with self-love (and, who isn´t?) write down 10 things you love about yourself every day. Be creative. Here, I´ll help you get started, "I love how I try to improve my health by reading health blogs." Now, you only have nine left for today.

2. Let down your guard. Protecting your heart from pain only serves to build walls around it and makes it more vulnerable to heart disease. Reach out to others.

3. Forgive yourself. Aah, easier said than done. It takes practice. Reciting affirmations like "I forgive myself" may help.

4. Forgive others. Holding onto grudges only serves to hurt you. Write out your grievances and destroy the paper. Alternatively, paint, sculpt, or draw to express your feelings so you can be free from them.

5. Nurture a spiritual practice. Recognizing yourself as a spiritual being having a human existence can help you to feel more connected to the planet and other people. It can also help you to establish greater meaning in your life.

6. Find things to appreciate in your life. I once met a wonderful woman at class who told me afterward that she wrote daily in her "gratitude journal" about all the things she was grateful for. She shared with me that day´s entry about being grateful for meeting me. Not only was she approaching her own life with a positive attitude, but she also put a smile on my face too.

7. Stop to smell the roses. Life can be harried. Slow down. Yes, it really is possible. It usually requires effort but it can be done. I have so many clients who make their work their first priority...and it shows in their health. Flip things around, put your health up top and make time to enjoy the simple things in life like flowers, friendships, beautiful music, or a bubble bath.

8. Do something nice to nurture your relationships. Call someone just to say "I love you," take some homemade soup to someone who hasn´t been feeling well, invite a neighbor over for an herbal tea, give an unexpected card...the list of possibilities is endless.

9. Let people know how you feel about them. Sure, your husband, wife, child, parents or friends may know you care, but I´m sure hearing about it would do wonders. Muster some courage and express your loving thoughts and feelings. It gets easier with time.

10. Love your body by treating it well. Unhealthy habits and attitudes demonstrate a lack of love for oneself. If you love your body feed it food that nourishes it, exercise, practice meditation or deep breathing. If you don´t love your body or aren´t sure if you do, return to Tip Number 1.

Michelle Schoffro Cook, DNM, DAc, CNC is a best-selling and six-time book author and doctor of natural medicine, whose works include: The Life Force Diet, The Ultimate pH Solution, and The 4-Week Ultimate Body Detox Plan. Learn more at: www.TheLifeForceDie t.com.

Sem comentários: