quinta-feira, novembro 06, 2014

Life Lessons from Life on the Road

Life Lessons from Life on the Road
As many of you may know, we have been on an amazing book tour to promote my mom’s book, The Practice. When given the opportunity to join and help support my mom on this tour, I truly felt that it was a once in a lifetime opportunity. So far, we’ve been across the country together, hoping to spread the message of The Practice and also making friends along the way. I’ve found that this life on the road has taught and even reminded me of so many lessons for life in general. So, this week I thought I’d share with you the little reminders that have come up for me, and to share with you what I’ve learned (and maybe re-learned) along the way. If you’re about to embark on a summer vacation or even just need some gentle reminders for living a magnificent life, check out these eight life lessons from the road. I hope they help you as much as they’ve helped me.
1. Self-care is a real must. Especially when you’re on the road (or just super busy in your life), you have to remember to take care of yourself first.
2. Be ok with saying no. While in a go, go, go environment you get into a routine of saying yes to everything. It’s great to be involved and want to get the most out of everything, but be selective. Say no to places, situations, or events that really aren’t in your best interest. You can’t be everywhere all the time!
3. Remember the importance of sleep. Just like with self-care, sleep is crucial for your health and wellness. When we’re busy, the quality of our sleep seems to take a toll. Do your best, no matter what you’re doing or where you are, to get quality, rejuvenating sleep.
4. Take time for yourself. Truth talk: traveling from place to place with your mother for days on end can be tough. While we get along very well and are understanding of each other, sometimes you just need your alone time! And that’s totally okay. Find time for yourself throughout the day for you to just be alone, breathe and connect, even if for just a few minutes, it’s totally worth it (and it will also help keep you sane).
5. Be present and try not to multitask. Life sends you lessons when it really thinks you’re ignoring what you need to be doing. For weeks, I really wasn’t being present; doing many different things at once. And yes, I know this isn’t the best, but once you start it’s hard to stop! Life literally stopped me in my tracks and reminded me how important it is to pay attention. While hurrying and rushing and not being present, I slammed my foot into a corner of a wall, pulling the ligaments in my middle toe, and bruising the whole foot. I mean, how silly is that, but boy did I learn my lesson. I am still reminded of it now as I hobble along from place to place.
6. Be prepared and take your routines with you. Travel for long periods of time can wreak havoc on your health and wellness…if you let it. Just like in life, it’s so important to be prepared and continue with your regular routines. Even though it’s been a little challenging, I find time to do some yoga in the hotel, and scope out local markets and healthy restaurants to find good food and snacks to take on the way.
7. Be open to whatever shows up. While we are out in this world, we really never know what is going to pop up in our lives. Set an intention to be open and receptive to whatever may come, and get in touch with that sense of excitement that comes with this mentality.
8. Journal and reflect. While taking this time, I’ve really tried to remember that it is special and I may not have this opportunity to do this again. In that, I have been trying to journal everyday and remember the events, feelings, thoughts, and emotions that have come with it all. Life can move pretty fast, so it’s super important to take some time and just notice what all is happening around us.
http://peacefulmindpeacefullife.org/8-life-lessons-from-life-on-the-road/

Sem comentários: