by Margaret Jang
reprinted with the author's permission
After many discussions with people who seek to connect with the spiritual realm, I realize that many do not feel that they have sufficient time to commit to a daily practice of meditation, journaling and energy exercises. With juggling careers, children and household chores, there isn't much time left to connect with spirit.
This can be very frustrating if you desperately want to develop your psychic abilities for an assortment of reasons. You may want to receive spiritual guidance, strengthen your spiritual connection to become a stronger healer, tap into higher consciousness in order to bring forth creative inspirations and higher knowledge, become a psychic or a medium in order to read professionally for others, or just connect to universal wisdom.
For those who stubbornly insist that they will connect to spirit without incorporating a disciplined daily practice, I wish them good luck, and I sincerely hope that they achieve their desire. As for the rest of us, there are certain steps that need to be followed, though I am a firm believer that there are no methods cast in stone - there is no right or wrong technique. What I offer in this article are step by step suggestions that have been tried and proven to work, but feel free to add your own, or use whatever methods you find most comfortable to work with. After all, it is far better to try something new than to do nothing at all.
So why do you need to expand your energy vibration? Quite simply, your vibration will attract similar energies in the spiritual realm, so the higher, lighter and purer the frequency level of your energy vibration, the higher your spiritual experience will be. As based on the Law of Attraction, like energy attracts like energy. In essence, with a high vibration yourself, you will have the capacity to attract a higher level spirit guide who will always put your best interests first, plus be dedicated to your continued spiritual growth. Also, you will have a stronger and faster or more direct link with the spiritual realm...
DAILY EXERCISE - SITTING IN YOUR POWER
With meditation the mind goes inactive; however, with this exercise the mind remains active. It's designed to expand your energy vibrational level so you have a strong/direct contact with spirit, as well as increase your focus and strengthen your visualization. Start with 10 minutes, and if you are able, work up to 60 minutes daily.
1. Ground, protect and cleanse beforehand. Close your eyes and relax.
2. Breathe either through your nose or mouth. With each breath, continue to relax more.
3. As you breathe in, see yourself surrounded by white light. See the light go down your crown chakra to your heart chakra. See this as a ball of light and feel its warmth. Know that you are the light.
4. With each breath, see your ball of light expanding and getting larger and brighter until the room is completely lit up. Know that you are the light.
5. With each breath, feel your power, see your own light.
6. Now expand your power, expand your light.
7. As you focus on each breath, reach out to touch and feel the top of the mountain; you are the mountain.
8. Now reach out to touch and feel the cool waters of the Pacific Ocean; you are the Pacific Ocean.
9. Feel and know that you are part of the Earth; you are the Earth.
10. You are one with all; you are one with the universe; you are the universe.
11. As you rhythmically breathe in and out, feel and stay in your own power for allotted time. (10 to 60 minutes)
12. When you are ready to come back, rub your fingers together, wiggle your toes and open your eyes.
13. You will feel refreshed, fully alert and fully conscious.
HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR CONNECTION
1. Become aware of your intuition or your gut instinct and your body talk; listen to it carefully.
2. Practice visualization - e.g. picture an orange, smell it, peel it, feel it, taste it orpicture a flower in detail.
3. Reduce daily stress and simplify your lifestyle.
4. Talk to your guides daily. Allow them to assist and guide you, but be sure not to become totally dependent on them.
5. Test yourself: when the phone rings, guess who it is before answering, guess the daily price of gasoline, use playing cards to guess the color or suit before turning over the card.
6. Use your imagination freely: believe you inner senses, what you feel, sense, see, hear, taste or smell.
KEEP A DAILY JOURNAL
Use a large three-ring binder with an index tab for each month. After each session, write what you experienced with as much detail as possible...
What to include in your journal:
1. Affirmations or inspirations
2. All impressions received and through which inner sense (see, hear, feel, sense, know, smell, taste)
3. All thoughts received and through which inner sense
4. Channeled messages (avoid editing)
7. Date and time
8. Events that occur during sleep (dreams, images, emotions)
9. Numbers that repeatedly appear (on clocks, license plates, dates, addresses, birth dates)
10. Personal goals and desires
11. Pictures and symbols received
SENSATIONS YOU MAY EXPERIENCE
During connection, you may experience some of the following. Do not be alarmed, it's normal.
1. Feel cold, heat, tingling, a breeze
2. Feel or sense a presence or an energy
3. Feel pressure at the base of your brain
4. Feel pressure on top of your head (at crown)
5. Feel pressure or tingling between your eyes (the third eye)
6. Hear voices without a physical source
7. See symbols, colors, words, orbs of light, or pictures through your third eye, not your physical eyes
8. Smell odors without a physical source
9. Taste flavors without a physical source
Caution: If you feel uncomfortable because you attracted a lower vibrating energy (also called negative energy), ask it to leave immediately to return to the light. A high level guide will always put your growth and best interests first.
CONSCIOUSLY CONNECTING WITH A SPIRIT GUIDE
(Step 1) SET YOUR INTENTION - PROTECT TO CONNECT
Set your intention before connecting. Ask for a column of white light from Source to surround you in protection and to ground you to Mother Earth.
Steps for setting your intention:
1. Close your eyes, take three deep breaths and relax.
2. Focus your awareness or attention on your center (heart area).
3. Focus your inner vision to your inner screen. (Your inner screen is about 6 to 12 inches in front of your physical eyes, in front of your third eye.)
4. State your intention aloud or silently.
Example phrase for setting your intention: As I connect to my soul, my higher self, my spirit team and to Source, creator of universal life force energy and my soul self, I ask Source to send forth a column of white light to surround me in protection and to ground me to the center core of Mother Earth. I know that I am safe and secure at all times as I endeavor to connect to Spirit.
(Step 2) INSTANT TRIGGER TO MEET YOUR GUIDE
This trigger technique instantly takes you to an alpha level of consciousness.
1. Close your eyes, take three deep breaths and relax.
2. Press your right thumb, index and middle fingers together to program your instant trigger.
3. Now say silently or aloud, Each time I join my fingers like this [press your three fingers together], I will instantly connect with my guide at our special meeting place. (Visualize a special place like a garden, a riverbank, a meadow, etc.) When I want to end my connection with my guide, I will rub my fingers together and then open my eyes, and I will feel instantly alert and fully conscious in the present.
4. Wait to sense or visualize your guide. (This may take the form of heat, cold, a breeze, tingling, goose-bumps, etc.) Then greet him/her.
5. Ask your guide a name, or ask if it is from the universal light. (Wait for a thought or a feeling to come through.)
6. Now feel free to ask for guidance, messages, inspirations, knowledge or wisdom. Avoid asking silly questions.
7. If you don't sense or visualize your guide, then repeat the programming each day until you do.
(Step 3) PHRASING A QUESTION
1. Avoid compound or multiple questions, and avoid giving your own power away by using sentences prefixed with What should I do about...?
2. Be as detailed as possible.
Example questions to ask your guide:
1. Are you the highest level guide that I can attract at this time?
2. What may I call you?
3. Are you from the Light?
4. How may I attract a higher level guide?
5. Please explain or show me what my best options would be for _______
6. Please give me guidance on _________
7. Please help me to remember where I put my _________
8. Please assist me in realizing what gifts I possess that will benefit _________
9. How may I use my gifts most effectively to benefit my soul's growth?
10. Please give me guidance on how I may complete my soul's mission in this lifetime.
11. What lessons do I still need to learn in order to complete my soul's contract?
12. I am trying to decide between _________ and _________. Please give me guidance so that I understand what my best option would be for all concerned.
13. If the above suggestions are unsuitable, then ask whatever questions you wish.
(Step 4) THANKS AND GRATITUDE
Before disconnecting, express your respect and humble gratitude to your guides for their assistance.
Example phrase for thanks and gratitude: I give thanks and gratitude for the guidance, assistance and blessings that I have received. Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you.
Note: The first thank-you is to acknowledge Source (also referred to as God, I Am, Divine Source, Spirit, etc.), the second thank-you is to acknowledge your spirit team (your personal guides, angels, ascended masters/teachers, etc.) and the third thank-you is to acknowledge your own soul, mind and body.
(Step 5) RETURN TO CONSCIOUSNESS
1. Rub your fingers together, wiggle your toes, take three deep breaths and open your eyes when you're ready.
2. Drink water, which will help to further ground you, plus hydrate your body. It will flush out toxins/impurities, and help circulate energy throughout your body.
3. Eat some protein like nuts or a protein bar if you feel light-headed or spaced-out.
------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -
Margaret I. Jang.
One Source Learning Centre was established in 2005 by Margaret Jang, and is currently located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. The site offers unlimited resources to inspire and guide you daily. Margaret Jang's journey into holistic healing began in 1991 after she was diagnosed with a debilitating health condition. After trying conventional treatment, she felt compelled to research alternative healing methods, and miraculously over a period of time, she succeeded in making a full recovery. She is a healing facilitator and instructor registered with the CRA (Canadian Reiki Association) .